1. Another word for "subculture" that doesn't sound quite so scientific, allowing it to be used in daily conversation. Used this way it usually has an adjective modifying it: the "indy scene" or the "hardcore scene" or the "emo scene." When someone refers to a particular "scene," they're talking about everything - the people, the places, the fashion, the music, and the trends.
2. A tongue-in-cheek reference to the trends and fashions of the various scenes. Many of these subcultures were built around countercultural ideals and nonconformist attitudes; the fact that trends even exist is humorous irony, and using "scene" as an adjective originally intended to lampoon that.
3. A trend of sorts that evolved from the indy, emo, and hardcore scenes (see the first definition); basically, anything that can be sold at Hot Topic. As events like Warped Tour - and artists like Avril Lavigne - became popular, the trends and fashions of these three scenes (and a few others) were gradually amalgamized and commericalized to create the generic "scene" monkier. Someone who is "scene" generally borrows from the various subcultures and combines them together - you can tell they're part of *a* scene, but no one is quite sure *what* scene. It is important to note that this use of "scene" refers to a fashion trend - it isn't a subculture in its own right, because it has no music, venues, or attitudes of its own to live on after it loses popularity.
4. An ironic insult toward followers of the "scene" trend outlined in 3. Calling someone "scene" brings up images of Avril Lavigne, Hot Topic, Good Charlotte, and, more recently, Myspace; it implies that he or she is a fair-weather fan, conforming to be popular or to fit in. In that sense, it is related to the term poseur. It also implies being more worried about the more visible icons of a particular scene (the fashion and language, for example) than the music that the scene is founded on. Calling someone a scenester basically means the same thing.
2. Wow... a Thundercats shirt, crotch-hugging faded jeans, and a devilock... how very scene of you. Not to mention your ratty Converse shoes or your Know Your Mushrooms armband.
3. Be more scene. Shop at Hot Topic.
4. Enjoy being scene while it lasts, because Myspace isn't enough to keep it going once the next fad hits.
scene-b's: The "b" stands for baby. These are scene kids who are new to the scene or who don't generally know what the fuck they are about. Unfortunatley most kids labled scene fall into this catogory. scene-b's dont understand why they wear girl pants and usually reply to insults about it with "i like how they feel" or someother lame excuse.
typ-scene: The "typ" stands for typical. typ-scene kids won't be as inclined to wear girl pants but those who do understand the point behind and wear them because girls like it or cuz pants are pants and who gives a fuck. a typ-scene kid usually plays an instrument of some sort but alot of times aren't very good. typ-scene kids have decent tastes in music. typ-scene kids usually wear tight band shirts girl pants or tight guy pants.
evo-scene: The "evo" stand for evolved. evo-scene kids are diffrent from standard scene kids and are looked up to. evo-scene kids have superb tastes in music and often listen to a wide spectrum. evo-scene kids don't wear girl pants instead they wear designer jeans or a trusty pair of anything low-rise; they still wear band shirts but only under their tight polo shirts. evo-scene kids usually can play an instrument and are fairly talented at doing such. they don't bother with most of the myspace bullshit and and scene drama. Some evo-scene kids might not even look scene at first but indeed they are. evo-scene kids are true scene kids and they act it.
typ-scene "Hey did you guys go to the saosin show yesterday? they fucking rock live. Fuck i want to go get drunk and do some cocaine. then just fucking chill out and watch some movies while making out with some hot scene girls."
evo-scene "Hey did you guys go to the pinback show yesterday? that shit is so chill. We should go smoke some bud and chillax in my room, maybe go down to the skatepark in a bit."
-half chinese/brazilian works the best
-not so much into the whole black hair/platinum blonde streaks anymore
-extensions (sometimes, they are a pain in the ass)
-miss sixty jeans, seven, true religion, something that at least looks expensive. straight legged or altered by a sewing machine
-find me at tigerheat or 82
-eye make up
-calm yo self down on the face make up
-not so much going to shows anymore. the last one i went to see was moving units
-NEVER into the plastic pearls. only the real thing which is from my chinese grandma
if you need anything else feel free to IM me: plasticlashes
or contact me through myspace
club kid, scenester, scene kid, fashioncore, lesbian, gay
This definition is added to recognize the fact that even though Punks and Scenesters are not similar in anyway, Punk is what built all of this from the ground up, and Scenesters don't realize that they as a group have also contributed to "posuerism- for lack of better or real words that would describe this" and have torn down the original and much more real and complex LIFESTYLE of Punks.
A punk is someone not easily categorized since someone who is a punk tends to have control issues and lives outside of the system, the system being words used by society, and created by the government. So in all reality a TRUE punk is unexplainable. Scene kids all over have portrayed and even called themselves punk "which they are not because they live in more of a bullshit system than most of society does" emo, goth, scene, rocker, and all other stereotypes within that category have all contributed to the near extinction of real punks. The reason i say this being that all of teen society was mad when they couldn't categorize a punk in any other word because punks in fact are so unique that there was no other word. "which punks themselves didnt even use" Teens were pissed off when they couldn't effectively imitate a "punk" that they made , goth, rocker, emo, scene, and all other stereo types within that sub-category, and told the rest of blinded society that they were in fact.....the "new" punks. This is the reason all scene kids, emo kids, goth kids, emo-scene-goth-fag-hardcore kids are indeed...Posers
Well fuck yeah ,no shit.
"Sorry if you thought this definition was unfair to some or most, but in the process of writing this i grew more and more angry with the fact that you all tore down something that was going to bring the government down to the level it needs to be....Below the people."
Scene kids hang around with thier hair in like 9 different directions which is dyed into half blonde half black and wear very tight jeans.
Scene is an emo spin off as the emo phase turns into the hardcore phase..
"We are so scene.."
"Have you heard As I Lay Dyings new album" "No!!" "Lets go to Subway." "Ok!!!"